Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

Our Chorkie keeps aggressively (like she's possessed ) bites

Customer Question

Our Chorkie keeps aggressively (like she's possessed ) bites at her lower back just above her tail !
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: A Chorkie ! Chihuahua and Yorkie mix !
JA: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?
Customer: She is a pet ! A small dog !
JA: Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. How old is A Chorkie?
Customer: 4 years old !
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about A Chorkie?
Customer: No change in diet and no noted fleas or rashes !
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 1 year ago.

Hi JaCustomer,

My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

In order to supply you with an informed answer, it is necessary for me to collect some additional information from you. When I receive your response or reply, it will likely take me between 30-45 minutes to type up my reply if I am still online when I receive notice that you replied. I hope you can be patient.

What flea preventative is she on?

It is the area on the back in front of the tail?

How long has it been going on?

No new treats or laundry detergent?