Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

S belly has been very warm and he is lethargic 3 days, oops

Customer Question

his belly has been very warm and he is lethargic for about 3 days
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: oops sorry...guinea pig a year old
JA: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?
Customer: This page is about Guinea pigs having a fever
JA: It could be an infection. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the guinea pig's name?
Customer: Eugene
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Eugene?
Customer: not eating very much and staying in his cubby for days without coming out for floor play
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pet
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, thanks for your question. It appears that the expert you were hoping to speak with is currently unavailable, so I have stepped in to offer assistance in their absence.

Are you able to obtain a rectal temperature on your GP? If so, please report back with the temperature you are able to obtain. This will help me in assisting you in determining what needs to happen from this point forward for Eugene.