Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

My piggy has blood in s stool or urine. I have not

Customer Question

My piggy has blood in his stool or urine. I have not determined yet. But he is as perky as always. What should be my next steps?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the piggy's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** he is about 10 months
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bently?
Customer: He is very easy going and loves hay :)
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Anna replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with over 40 years experience raising Guinea pigs and rabbits. I would like to help you today. Some additional information will be useful. Are there actual blood clots, or just red? Do you have any way to determine if it is in the stool or the urine - very different conditions cause the two? How long has this been happening? Do you feed him a variety of fruits and vegetables? Thank you.