Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

My name is ***** ***** I am having some trouble with my lop

Customer Question

my name is ***** ***** I am having some trouble with my lop bunny we have only had him for about 2 weeks and when we got them which was 2 they were living in a filthy enviroment and I didnt do any research before I got them when we got him we noticed like a scratch in his eye the within 1 night this abbscess or something like it popped up on his eye I am very worried about him I already love him deeply but all the supplies I purchased to care for them has been very expensive I dont have the money to take him to the vet what can I do
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I bought some terramycin from the tractor supply and was wandering if it would help
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Anna replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist who has over 40 years of experience raising and showing rabbits. I'm sorry to hear of this problem. Some additional information will be useful. Is the Terramycin labeled for use in eyes? Is the area that popped up oozing anything? How big is it? Thank you.