PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

My rat is very cold and lethargic and seems like he is

Customer Question

my rat is very cold and lethargic and seems like he is dying
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help your rat. Are you ready to speak with the Veterinarian now?
Customer: I guess... don't know what i can do for him
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pet
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 9 months ago.

Good evening, thanks for your question. The expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available, so the website opened your question to other experts that could offer you a faster reply.

I'm very sorry to hear that your boy is not doing well. Rats (especially the hairless ones!) hold a special place in my heart.

If you feel like he is close to passing, you are always able to take him to an ER hospital to have him put to sleep to bring an end to his life quickly. ER hospitals usually charge a nominal fee for this as rats are such small pets. If you need assistance finding a location close to your area, please reply with your city, state and zip code.

Alternately, keep him warm in a soft towel or blanket and simply sit with him. The end of life stages can take minutes to hours and your company will be appreciated during this time, even if it appears he's unaware of your presence.

If my answer has helped you, please take the time to leave positive feedback. This is how experts are compensated for their time. If questions remain, please reply and I will help you further.