Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Can I give my 3 year old dogs s rabies booster 7 months

Customer Question

Can I give my 3 year old dogs his rabies booster 7 months early ? He is due in September 2016 but for his license the town is requiring it valid through November 1. His last rabies vaccine was September 2013 and it was the 3 yr vaccine .
Category: Pet
Expert:  Dr. John replied 9 months ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. It should be fine to do the booster this early. The 3 year vaccine is no different from the 1 year vaccine. The difference in making it a 3 year vs a 1 year is the timing of the vaccine and the local laws where you live. It shouldn't affect his health or immunity either way to do it early. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. If you are satisfied with my answer, please rate it. Rating it is the only way I get credit for helping you. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Expert:  Dr. John replied 9 months ago.
Hi Kelley Urniasz,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Leo. How is everything going?
Dr. John