Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

I have a beta fish that's acting weird and I'm worried.

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well, he just went completely nuts jumping and darting around in his bowl and then fell to the bottom. I did a partial water change and added some betafix but now he's laying on his side on the bottom gasping
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Pet Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I am afraid that the expert you have requested is not currently available. Still I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long has he been showing signs?

What are your water parameters just now? Any high ammonia, nitrites, or nitrates?

Any lesions on the betas body?