PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

I woke up today and the area around my dove's eyes and neck

Customer Question

I woke up today and the area around my dove's eyes and neck is all crusty and yellow. Very wet sneeze and fluffed up at the bottom of his cage in the corner. He seemed completely normal last night, our apartment is at 71 degrees... I'm so worried and I have no idea what to do.
Category: Pet
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 10 months ago.

Good morning, Rachel. I am so sorry to hear that Avi is not well.

There are a lot of things that we can see cause wet sneezing and the crusty, yellow production is certainly a major concern, along with him being at the bottom of the cage. This is probably not related to the temperature as 71 degrees is a perfect temperature for a dove.

I would be more concerned about a bacterial or fungal infection which should be treated by a veterinarian. If you do not have a vet that can see Avi this weekend, please post back your city, state and zipcode and I'll be happy to help you find someone that can help.

If my answer has helped you, please take the time to leave positive feedback. If questions remain, please reply and I will help further.

I am not able to offer you a phone call, at this time. I am happy to type back and forth until your questions are answered, however.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm snowed in really badly and I doubt I'll be able to get anywhere before Tuesday. I live in Henrico, VA 23233.

I am going to post some resources for you here. If you're unable to make it out, perhaps someone can make it in.

www.wellesleyah.com

http://drbayerdvm.com/

www.winterfieldvet.com

http://virginiavet.net/