Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

My guinea pig is pregnant and her pelvis is separated 1

Customer Question

Customer: Hi my guinea pig is pregnant and her pelvis is separated 1 finger width but the babies aren't moving as much inside today or yesterday. When I took her to the vet on Monday she said she was going to give birth in the next couple of days. I'm just wondering how long till birth. She has been 1 finger dilated for 2+ days.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: she's still eating and drinking and no obvious signs of distress but just worried about the length of pregnancy and decrease in baby movements.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi sorry text chat is fine
Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.

I apologize that no one has responded to your question sooner. Different experts come online at various times. I just came online and saw your question. My name is ***** ***** I’m a biologist with over 40 years of experience raising guinea pigs and rabbits. would like to help, but some additional information will be useful.

How old is your guinea pig?

Is this her first litter?

Has anything changed since this morning?

Thank you.

Anna