How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Gary Your Own Question
Dr. Gary
Dr. Gary, Veterinarian
Category: Pet
Satisfied Customers: 19331
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675
Type Your Pet Question Here...
Dr. Gary is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My pet stepped in wet paint, what should I do?

Customer Question

My pet stepped in wet paint, what should I do?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Thanks for the question.

Most paint is pretty safe these days. They no longer make lead paint, so the oil and water based paints are non-toxic. I would just wash off the paint with some dawn dish soap. That should help prevent any accidental ingestion. If some is ingested, we usually just see some GI upset (vomiting, diarrhea). Other than that, you shouldn't have any issues.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.