Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

Our 10 y.o. male .Frise is repeatedly throwing up 1x - 3x

Customer Question

Customer: Our 10 y.o. male B.Frise is repeatedly throwing up 1x - 3x per day (night and early AM), is restless at times, panting, and occasional loose bowel even on dry food. He is not neutered, with one child with disability, has been put off but we are trying to budget to still do. We're in Kingwood TX 77339.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: He's had it before a year ago, yellowish vommit, has rancid smell. Last night he sounded like a human when they have heavy congestion and are trying to injest (congestion) it back up, since a dog can't blow his nose..
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Pet Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes, thank you. As long as $19 not more, so if more serious I can afford an actual visit.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I'm Dr. Deb and will do my best to help you today.

I'm sorry for this concern for your dog. I do have a few additional questions to ask about him first if you don't mind:

1. How long has he been acting as you've described?

2. Is he eating and drinking? Is he lethargic?

3. What does he vomit? Food or bile, for example?

4. Are you still feeding him dry dog food or have you switched to a bland diet.

There may be a slight delay after I receive your answers since I have to type up a response to you. Thanks for your patience. Deb