Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

Last night my hedgie was throwing up all of s food. And in

Customer Question

Hi doctor,
Last night my hedgie was throwing up all of his food. And in the morning i saw his vomit in his cage but its water and mix with white bubble. I give him his food but he wont ate it. Just now i gave him with syringe a mix water and honey. Is there something wrong with my hedgie, as i live in indonesia and there is no good vet for exotic pets. Please help...
Category: Pet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fyi, i think last time he ate is around 4 or 5am in the morning on 12 dec. woke up at 10.15pm on 13dec, during the day he dont eat or drink anything.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

Is he drinking anything at all? Can he keep any water down when you give it by mouth?

Are his gums nice and pink (not white/pale)? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, does he have any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Could he have eaten anything he should not have (ie carpet fibers, hair, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?