Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

My hamster is breathing heavy and has crusty eye discharge

Customer Question

My hamster is breathing heavy and has crusty eye discharge he isnt moving around and he seems to be kind of alert a second then it seems like he needs to catch his breath
Category: Pet
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you with this.....it sounds like Boo has a very severe respiratory infection and these can easily become pneumonia if not taken care of. Boo may already have pneumonia. I would recommend that you get Boo into to see a vet as soon as possible as he is going to need some very strong antibiotics made up just for him to help him try to get over this. There is not anything more you can do at home. I would not place him near heat as he can get over heated and that can make things worse.Just make sure his cage is nice and clean with new bedding and he is plenty of fresh food and water. And get him to the vet as soon as you can. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Sincerely, DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. Thank you very much

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He died this morning
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I rubbed vapor rub on the top of his house just a little but I knew it was coming... He lived a long 2 years
Expert:  Dr B replied 12 months ago.

HI, I am very sorry to hear about this loss. I was worried this might happen. Again, I am sorry for your loss. Sincerely,DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. Thank you very much.