Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

I have a black fish that appears to be constipated. s belly

Customer Question

I have a black puffer fish that appears to be constipated. His belly is bloated and it looks like something is hanging at the opening of his anus; maybe a small of his lining. He is moving and swimming around OK but not eating.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.

I apologize that no one has responded to your question sooner. Different experts come online at various times. I just came online and saw your question. My name is ***** ***** I’m a biologist with a special interest in fish.I'm sorry to hear of this problem. Some additional information will be useful.

Is this a saltwater or freshwater puffer?

What does the normal diet consist of?

If possible, a photo of what is hanging from the anus would also help. You can upload a photo by clicking on REPLY, then at the top of the area where you would type is a tool bar with icons. Click on the little paper clip icon (it's right next to the YouTube icon). Instructions will pop up. On some browsers, this doesn't work. if that happens, you can put your photo on one of the free photo sharing websites, such as www.photobucket.com. Then come back here and paste the link to your picture in a REPLY.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Saltwater ! I have resolved the problem myself. Could not wait on yout response.
Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.

Glad to hear it's resolved. Thanks for letting me know.