Jane Lefler, Behaviorist, Breeder, See Qual.
Experience:  18+ years Breeding Experience, Former vol. Vet Assistant, Dog Behaviorist
2361900

I just got my 5 year old Dachshund spade and it's been since

Customer Question

I just got my 5 year old Dachshund spade and it's been since Monday and her nipples are swollen is that normal
Category: Pet
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

It is not unusual to see a little breast enlargement after spaying. Many dogs will experience symptoms similar to a false pregnancy since the hormones shift after spaying. Breast enlargement is relatively normal after spaying. Remember to keep her as inactive as possible for the first week after spaying to help ensure the suture site heals properly.

I hope this information is helpful to you. If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to press the reply to expert or continue conversation button so I can address any issues you still have . If you do find this helpful, please take this opportunity to rate my answer.