Joan
Joan, Vet Technician
Experience:  Vet Tech for 35+yrs. Small Animals and Fish
5071285

Our friend has an 8 week old Bunny who has a scab next to

Customer Question

Hi! Our friend has an 8 week old
Bunny who has a scab next to one of their nails. They are not limping and do not seem to be in pain, but they are concerned.
Category: Pet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sending pictures.
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet Tech for 30+ years with interest in small animals and exotics. I just viewed the area that is sore and hard to see in the picture well. Since the foot is not sore, I would clip the hair away from the area, so it can be cleaned and medicated. Once the area can be seen better you can clean the area with Betadine Diluted with water to tea color. This will disinfect the area and help with the healing. The last step will be to apply some Neosporin to the sore area. I suggest the cleaning and Neosporin 3 times a day. If it does not look like it is healing, the a vet visit will be needed. The Vet can clean the area up, debrid it and give an Antibotic to aid with healing. Please let me know if you need clarification. If I have addressed your concerns, please take a moment to Rate my service 5 stars.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Rabbit. How is everything going?
Joan
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

Just want to check in on the Rabbit's foot and see if it is healing. Please let me know the outcome.

Joan