Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

Our Choc Lab fur falling out in big clumps, like it's been

Customer Question

Our Choc Lab fur falling out in big clumps, like it's been pulled out by the roots, sore to touch looks greasy on the expose scalp. don't know what to do for him.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

Can you upload a photo(s) of representative skin to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if that icon is visible) or you can use an external app such as imgur.com or dropbox.com. I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing. Sudden appearing skin lesions are usually self-induced; in other words, my patient has scratched or chewed away the hair resulting in a pyotraumatic dermatitis ("hot spots").