Joan
Joan, Vet Technician
Experience:  Vet Tech for 35+yrs. Small Animals and Fish
5071285

My rabbit had a lot of fleas and unfortunately we did not

Customer Question

My rabbit had a lot of fleas and unfortunately we did not realize how bad until she started showing signs of weakness. We treated the fleas immediately with frontline spray that the local vet recommended for her that I bought. We put it all over her and she has stopped scratching so much but she is still really weak so I'm assuming she has become anemic. Is there anything we can do tonight to help tonight to build her strength back up? She ate a little kale but she is definitely still weak and walking instead of hopping like normal.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in small animals and exotics. Please start the Rabbit on Pedialyte and water 50/50. I would also like to see you grind some pellets in to a fine powder, mix in with some Pedialyte into a slurry and syringe feed. I would like to see food and fluids going in to help pull her back from being so weak. This is only first aid and really need to get into a Vet for IV fluids and treatment. make sure she has all the hay that she can eat as that is very important at this time. syringe feed in small increments. Please let me know if you need any clarfication on these instructions.

If I have addressed your concerns, please take a moment to rate my service 5 Stars, so I can be compensated for my time and answers.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

I wanted to check in and see how your Rabbit is doing. Will you see the Vet today? Were you able to get the food and fluids going in?

Joan