Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

My 2 large koi fish died when I transferred to smaller area

Customer Question

my 2 large koi fish died when I transferred to smaller area to clean pond,now my 3 year old water turtle wont eat is this common
Category: Pet
Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with a special interest in pond keeping. Some additional information about the situation will be useful. Did the koi die immediately when placed in the smaller area? What symptoms did they exhibit? Did you change all of the water in the pond? Do you always de-chlorinate the water? Do you still have any living fish? If so, how are they doing? What is the temperature in the water ? In past years, has your turtle hibernated, or do you live in an area where it stays warm? Sorry for so many questions, but the more information I have, the more likely it is I'll be able to figure this out. Thank you.