Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

A week ago I applied revolution on my six year old dog but

Customer Question

A week ago I applied revolution on my six year old dog but he still has fleas . It's been a week only since revolution application , is it ok to give him a bath with flea and tick shampoo ?
Category: Pet
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Now it is concerning to hear that he still has fleas. In that case, I'd be concerned that we could have fleas contaminating the house (where the ones we are seeing now are the next generation) or that we are starting to see flea resistance to Revolution. In any case, in regards ***** ***** question, we can bathe him safely at this point without worry.

Though do keep an eye on this situation. If you need to, he can be retreated with a spot on 2 weeks after the first one (so next week). And if you need to do that, then you may want to use an alternative (ie Advantage Multi, Advantix, etc). Otherwise, if you do have them in your house, then I would just note to make sure that any home treatment you use has Insect Growth Regulator (IGR) as that will kill all flea life stages and prevent a next wave of younger fleas causing you both issue.

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today.Thank you! : )

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Dr. I will watch out for this of course as I need to ensure our environment is flea free. Thank you so much
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome, my dear.

Take care,

Dr. B.

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. B.