Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

Our gerbil is cold to the touch and we have noticed she has

Customer Question

Hi there, our gerbil is cold to the touch and we have noticed she has a bald patch developing on her belly
Category: Pet
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

Is she showing reduced activity, lethargy, or a reduced appetite?

Are there any skin changes in this bald area (ie crusting, scaling, redness, pimples/pustules, etc)?

Is she scratching it or overgrooming the region?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We were too late. The fault is mine. Persephone passed last night. Thank you for your response and willingness to help.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Oh dear,

I am so sorry to hear that she has. Please know that as a prey species she'd have made it very difficult for you to know that she was unwell until this was advanced. So, you aren't to blame.

Now I am going to send your question back to customer service for a refund.

Please take care,

Dr. B.