Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda, Veterinarian
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian
88695179

What is the mg/kg dose of amoxacillin on dog bite.

Customer Question

What is the mg/kg dose of amoxacillin for dog on dog bite.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** and I am sorry to hear that your dog is injured. The dose of Amoxicillin in dogs is 22mg/kg or 10mg/pound given 3 times daily. If you are working with capsules of this medication, I recommend rounding up to the next capsule size vs rounding down. This medication can also cause an upset stomach in some dogs, so I recommend giving it with food.

I hope this answer helps you. Feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.

Dr. Amanda

Kansas State University

College of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2001

Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

How is your dog this evening? Are the wounds healing well?

Do you have any more questions for me?

Also, if you would consider rating my answer, I would greatly appreciate it.

Best regards,

Dr. Amanda

Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

If you are satisfied with my assistance, please take a moment to use the stars at the top of the page to rate my answer so that I will be compensated for answering your question. For future questions, you can find me here: http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=88695179&FID=0

Best regards,

Dr. Amanda

Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

I haven’t hear back from you in a while. How is your pet this evening? Do you have any more question for me? If you are satisfied with my assistance, please take a moment to use the stars at the top of the page to rate my answer so that I will be compensated for answering your question. For future questions, you can find me here: http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=88695179&FID=0

Best regards,

Dr. Amanda