Anna
Anna, Pet Expert/Biologist
Experience:  40 yrs.: herps, pocket pets, rabbits, poultry, dogs, horses. Biology degree. Vet assistant.
6012901

My 3 month old male rabbit has started limping, favouring s

Customer Question

My 3 month old male rabbit has started limping, favouring his right front paw, checked for pain of his leg, no reaction of anything? Doesnt put full weight on it
Category: Pet
Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. Thank you for requesting me. If you can't see any wound or injury, there isn't any first aid you can do. However, you'll want to take steps to make sure Trynn doesn't further hurt himself. Remove anything he might climb on or jump over. If he normally runs free in the house, put him in his cage for now. Give him a soft floor of paper based litter, such as CareFresh. Just like us, a rabbit's leg is subject to many different kinds of injuries. It could be anything from an irritation to a ligament injury to a broken bone. This isn't an emergency as long as he is eating well. Just keep him from being too active. If the leg isn't better by tomorrow, it would be best to see a vet. If you don't have one, give me your city and state, and I'll find a rabbit vet for you. A vet may be able to make a diagnosis by feeling the paw, or an x-ray may be needed. If you have more questions, let me know in a REPLY. I hope this will turn out to be something minor. Anna

Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Trynn. How is everything going?
Anna
Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just checking in on Trynn. Did he recover on his own, or was a vet visit necessary. I hope he is well by now. Anna