Anna
Anna, Pet Expert/Biologist
Experience:  40 yrs.: herps, pocket pets, rabbits, poultry, dogs, horses. Biology degree. Vet assistant.
6012901

I have lost my dwarf bunny in my apartment and I have not

Customer Question

i have lost my dwarf bunny in my apartment and I have not seen her since last night after I left for class, my mom took her out and escape within one of the barriers in my room and we have look all over the apartment literally turn the house upside down and I know she didnt escape out the main door of the house because it was never open after I left. any ideas or suggestions? i have put out food and water in different areas of the house, i have call animal hospitals and animal control( no officer on duty) is there anything else i can do she has been missing for 24 hours now
Category: Pet
Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome.My name is ***** ***** I’m a biologist with over 40 years experience raising and showing rabbits. I'm sorry to hear of this incident. I'll give you something to try, but it is a little messy. You'll have to vacuum the house afterward. Sprinkle flour on the floor to make a fine coating. Do this just before the family goes to bed so no one has to walk in it. In the morning, look for bunny tracks in the flour. This should lead you to where your bunny is.

If you find no tracks in the morning, something has happened. Your bunny may be trapped under or behind furniture or appliances. She may have gotten into a heating or cooling duct. You'll need to search thoroughly in each room. After finishing a room, close the door, so she can't get in that room (once you're sure she isn't there.)

If you're sure she didn't escape the apartment, the flour trick should work. Animal control won't help unless she did get out and someone turned her in. If you think she may have gotten out of the apartment, alert mail carriers, newspaper delivery people, and all your neighbors.

I hope you'll be able to sprinkle flour over all the floors, and in the morning you'll be able to track your bunny. I'll check back with you then. I wish you success.

Anna

Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just checking to see if you found your bunny. I hope so.

Anna

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Please remember to rate my service only after you have all the information you need. Thank you!