Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

I have a puppy about 25 pounds that hasent eaten days. All

Customer Question

I have a puppy about 25 pounds that hasent eaten for 3 days. All she does is drink water and lays around . She has been around chickens but I don't know if it's related
Category: Pet
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome,

Just to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.

My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next fifteen minutes or so.

We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }

Regards,

Dr Scott

Hello again and thanks for waiting.

Sorry to hear Panda is unwell, however I have worked out an answer for you below ...

This may not be what you want to hear I know but what you should do just to be on the safe side is have a vet check her over sooner rather than later.

1. I say this because : While the symptoms you describe would not allow me or any other vet to pin this down to any one particular disease via the internet I would say from the fact that she is very lethargic and not eating that it is possible that your dog is running a temperature and so may be in the grip of some kind of infection. This would be the commonest cause of the symptoms you are seeing.

2. I normally like to suggest home remedies if I can do this safely but in your case I think it is not worth the risk as it could well be that prescription drugs such as antibiotics would be what is urgently needed if Panda is indeed running a temperature, but you should be aware that a range of other diagnosis are also possible.

3. In the meantime until you can get him to a vet all you can do is to keep her as comfortable and reassured as possible make sure she is taking fluids regularly, and try to keep tempting her to eat.

I am sorry I cannot safely give you any more specific advice via the internet.

I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.

Regards,

Dr Scott.
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how Panda is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning her suspect infection.

How are things going?

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you { Using the site rating system }, such feedback really helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how Panda is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the suspect infection ...

How are things going?

Regards,

Dr Scott

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr Nimmo,
Not happy with your answer. I'm sure you did what you could but all you told me to do was take her to the vet,
when I have been trying to avoid the vet. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on vet bills. Please return my money
Thanks.

Hello again,

Regretfully there are often circumstances where it will be in your dog's best interest to be examined by a vet rather than any sort of home remedy under my guidance. I will be pleased to contact the site admin on your behalf for a return of your deposit.

Regards,

Dr Scott