Joan
Joan, Vet Technician
Experience:  Vet Tech for 35+yrs. Small Animals and Fish
5071285

I have a very sick guienea pig. He won't eat or drink and is

Customer Question

I have a very sick guienea pig. He won't eat or drink and is very lithargic. Not sure what to do.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet Tech for 30+ years with interest in Exotics and small mammals. We need to start immediate help by starting some diluted pedialyte and water via syringe. Next please grind some Pellets finely and add some some ground Vitamin C and dilute with the Pedilayte mixture into a slurry. Feed 5 cc's every 45 mins. It is very important to get food going in to prevent a GI stasis. you can offer Hay all she will eat too. It is important to syringe feed until you can get Caramilk into the Exotic Vet. I suggest seeing one asap tomorrow. Please let me know if you have further questions. we have to keep the gut going. You can also pick up some BeneBac which is sold in the pet shop and comes in several forms. Add this to the mixture. It is a pro biotic that will help with the gut flora.

If I have addressed your concerns, please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in today to see how your Guinea pig is doing. Please let me know if you were able to get the food and fluids going in.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

How is Caramilk? Is she doing any better?

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
Hi Helen,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Caramilk. How is everything going?
Joan