Joan
Joan, Vet Technician
Experience:  Vet Tech for 35+yrs. Small Animals and Fish
5071285

Greetings, I'm just trying to find out if the peppermint

Customer Question

Greetings,
I'm just trying to find out if the peppermint cuttings I'm using outside my pot bellied pigs kennel can be fatal if she gets a hold of them. I was told they would keep mosquitos away from her, her water bowl and pool.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years. I have done some research and I have looked over several lists and could not find anything specific. I did find the Eucalyptus is toxic to live stock and pets. This is a link for Plants that should not be around pigs: http://www.ansci.cornell.edu/plants/php/plants.phpaction=indiv&byname=common&keynum=1

I hope this information was helpful as it came out of Cornell school of Veterinary Medicine.

Joan