Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

My dog had been throwing up chunks of his food since last night.

Customer Question

My dog had been throwing up chunks of his food since last night. I give him plain boiled chicken and put it with his dry food. He had a couple pupperonis yesterday and that is the extent of his diet yesterday. Today he looks like he's in some discomfort because he is refusing to walk right now, his tail is tucked and when he stands, he won't move much. He is still throwing up today though not aa much. I'm thinking of withholding his food til much later and see how he feels and he has lots of fresh water. Is there anything I can do? I hear white rice helps to ease the stomach?
Category: Pet
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you. 1- Did the vomiting start before or after the pepperoni? 2- How much does he weigh? 3- Any pre existing medical conditions? 4- Can you take a look at his gums and see if they are pink or pale?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had to take my dog to the ER vet yesterday afternoon after answering your questions. His condition deteriorated rapidly. Because of his critical condition, poor prognosis and because I loved my dog very much and would never let him suffer, I said goodbye to him. Thank you for your time and response. I will pay the 18.00 due to you for your time and response.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for your loss. I know how difficult this must be for you. I will have you in my thoughts and prayers tonight. Dr. Peter Note: I never answered your question so there should not be any charge. Please contact customer service regarding charging issues. Thank you.