Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

19 yr old dog might be dying

Customer Question

19 yr old dog might be dying or what to expect next? My dog was pacing and panting heavily and drank alot of water the last two hours. A holistic new vet I tried out 4 months ago suspected Cushing because her belly is plumpish. I took the dog there for a nail trim but She's like a Shiba Inu and always had a wider belly. She is not fat and was fed mostly dry health store dog food and raw chicken necks, occasional regular raw meat bones and 2 long walks per day the past 3 years and last two months the walks got shorter because she seems to get tired and limps a bit and it Florida and hot. We only walk her around the house and ally 3-5 x per day. She likes to walk and up until last week, was hopping and wagging her stumpy tail excitedly. Her panting seemed to be super fast like one breath per second,,, She finally sat down and seemed so stiff but laid her head down and is now sleeping. The panting seemed to slow down and her mouth is open. She will soon have to pee from all that drinking and my elderly parents are sleeping in the living room so this is kind of stressful if my dog wakes and pees where my mom is sleeping. Can you tell me what to expect tonight? How can I tell if it's heat stroke without taking her temp. I took her

Category: Pet
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry that you have been waiting for a response. I recently just logged onto the site and noted that your question hasn't yet been answered. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years’ experience and would be happy work with you if you are still needing assistance.
Can you give me an update of how she is doing now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to repost with different wording. Can you close the question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other
I forgot to ask for a Holistic Vet in my subject line; So I want to edit the subject line to read Holistic, Natural in the front