Cher
Cher, Pet Caregiver 40+yrs
Experience:  Specialist in Pet Healthcare and Behavior
1470369

I accidentally put Advantix flea solution large dog on

Customer Question

I accidentally put Advantix flea solution for a large dog on my five month old kitten--I have a long drive to the vet and it is midnight--he is trembling--what can I do for him until I get him to the vet??
Category: Pet
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi, and thanks for your question. I'm sorry this mistake happened with Felix. Wash off the Advantix where you applied it, with warm water and a few drops of original blue Dawn dishwashing liquid or use any dishwashing liquid you have in the house. Rinse with clear warm water and towel dry, continuing to keep him warm. After that, I would rush him to the nearest vet. This can be a very serious situation, especially considering Felix is so young. As long as you get as much as possible of the flea treatment off his skin, it should buy you some time, but I would try to get him to the ER vet asap. I hope all will be well with Felix and please let me know how he's doing. Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback so I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you.Rating will not cut off our communication and you can click 'Reply' at any time to keep in touch with me or ask for any clarification or additional information.Warmest regards,Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,I'm just checking in with you to see how Felix is doing.Were you able to wash off the flea treatment at the site of application and have him seen by a vet?Please let me know, as I'm concerned for him and hope all is well. Thanks,Cher