Candy
Candy, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Previous Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer
23185754

My cat keeps falling over, no balance

Customer Question

My cat keeps falling over, no balance
Category: Pet
Expert:  Candy replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I am sorry to hear that Chico is having some trouble. My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Can you tell me how long Chico has been having trouble with his balance? Is his head tilted at all? Do you see any discharge or build up in his ears? What color are his gums? When did he urinate last? Any previous health concerns or is he on any medication
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

His gums are good. He has this for two weeks. He went to the bathroom every morning. His eyes are fine. We went to a vet and he said that all is clear for his testing.

Expert:  Candy replied 1 year ago.
If this has been going on for two weeks and all blood work was fine then I would be suspicious of feline vestibular disease.This can be caused by a problem in the middle ear or lesions on the brain, however in many cases this is idopathic and will resolve on its own in 2-3 weeks.Here is some additional information on this LINK We would also have to consider a tumor on the brain, parasites that can effect the brain, meningitis, or problems such as a tumor on the spine. If she does not improve over the next few days I would suggest having your vet give you a referral to a veterinary neurologist for further testing. I hope this helps give you some additional things to discuss with your vet. Please reply back if you have additional questions and I will be more then happy to continue. If you have no additional questions please take a few moments to provide a rating so I am credited by Justanswer for assisting you.Candy