Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

I'm hoping there is a vet online who can tell me if I need

Customer Question

I'm hoping there is a vet online who can tell me if I need to act tonight or if it is safe to wait until morning to deal with a croupy ferret. She is coughing a raspy cough periodically (intervals of twenty minutes or so). I am afraid I'm misdiagnosing and she has a partially blocked airway. I can find no local or semi-local to see her tonight without an hour's drive. I've got my fingers crossed. Thanks.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I have been a Veterinary Technician for 30+ years with special interest in Exotics and small mammals?Can you tell me has someone in the house been sick recently that has been in contact with your ferret?Is there breathing problems like open mouth breathing?Please look at the lips and and tell me if they look blueish in color.Could she have eaten something that cough block her airway, like a toy?What type of bedding are you using?Joan