Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

Our lab was put on enroflaxacin prednisone eating

Customer Question

Our lab was put on enroflaxacin prednisone for stopping eating (apparently conjunctiveitits) well this weekend I have him ziti..he are two bowls of it..later he gagged and coughed up what looked like pepto bismol last night
Today he's just been drinking..took him for a walk and gagged with a drop of red blood..we check in with vet tomorrow he is 12 ..his white count was up hence antibiotics but should they maybe extant his throat? He never through up the food just a small amount of pepto looking stuff
Help!!
-buddy's mom
Category: Pet
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

Was he put on those treatments before or after he stopped eating?

Do you mean he coughed up blood/pink material? Or coffee ground or black vomit?

Are his gums nice and pink (not white/pale)? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, does he have any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I guess it didn't go through earlier

we unfortunately had to out him to sleep. My father made the decision..I thought the small spots of blood was throat irritation from dry heaving. Well not to get gory but I sat with him for the eauthinatia and blood just ran out..inhope this is private and I apologize for anyone that can see this..I'm guessing it was in his lungs. I wish I could show u the video from yesterday I had a gut feeling so I took him to all of our favorite spots and he actually jogged a little..panted but also was a hot upstate NY..i just hope it wasn't something fixable. The vet said it could of been cancer or something. I'm just so said. He had his physical a month ago and was fine then a week ago he started acting funny..apologies to rant. I wish I had the money to do the special cremation but we ran out after about 800 in the last week.

thanks for trying anyways do you think it was the right thing? He was 12 about 125lb dog

-Mary XXXX