Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

My 6 yr old tabby is throwing up undigested food a lot, at least 5 or

Customer Question

My 6 yr old tabby is throwing up undigested food a lot, at least 5 or 6 times per week. I have been to my vet (of 12 years) and she believes it is hair. My cat is long haired and has been an indoor cat for one year after 5 years of going in and out. At her check up 2 weeks ago she was proclaimed to be healthy, heart, skin, coat et and it was decided I would give her lax atone which I have to do by placing it on my finger and forcing it into her mouth. So far no difference is seen. She seems hungry and does eat kibble (medi cal) when she wants and I was told she should not get any lighter in weight. I am concerned for her and wondering if an X-ray or ultrasound would be a good idea or maybe another food and hoping maybe you have had experience with another animal with this issue. She doesn't seem stresses but perhaps not going outdoors is a factor. She did vomit before the move but not as much and I have had her in before for same thing and I was told some cats just vomit.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Candy replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I am sorry to hear that your girl is having some trouble with vomiting.
My name is ***** ***** I have been a veterinary nurse for 26 years. I would be happy to help I just have a few questions so I can better assist you.
How long has she been on the Medi-Cal food
Is she vomiting canned or dry?
How long has she been on the hair ball remedy?
How are her stools, hard, soft, normal etc?
Did your vet do any blood work?
You mention the vet says she should not loose any more weight has she lost weight recently ?
How soon after eating is she vomiting?
Is she free fed or does she have scheduled meals?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had written all my information regarding food type, how long this has been going on, her bathroom habits, length of time on hairball remedy, her eating habits, food brand etc. Do not charge any more to my credit card, totally not pleased with this, at all
Expert:  Candy replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry you are not pleased with our service. I will be happy to request a refund for you. There are several of my question that you did not provide answers to. Yes you stated what type of food she was on but not how long, you also did not mention anything about how her stool were( bathroom habits being normal may not mean that the stool is, how soon after eating she is vomiting or if this was canned or dry food. I also do not know if you free feed.
I know it may seem like an inconvenience to answer questions, I just ask that you remember should you ever give our site a try again that we can not see your pet, nor do we have access to all medical records.
Some experts will just throw out a general answer to a pet owner. I personally choose to tailor my answer to the individual pet which is why I ask for more information.
I hope you get this worked out and all goes well