helperDVM
helperDVM, Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a small animal and exotics veterinarian.
76789122

Ive been hand feeding my runt guinea pig every morning. This

Customer Question

Ive been hand feeding my runt guinea pig every morning. This morning, I let my daughter do it, and I think she aspirated the poor thing.
Category: Pet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She is doing some very labored breathing. I need help quickly.
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Camille and I’m a moderator for this topic. We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of our Experts? Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question. Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal. Thank you, Camille~Moderator
Expert:  helperDVM replied 1 year ago.
What are you hand feeding? I'm sorry for a delayed response. You should get the pig to a veterinarian there is a chance it can survive if its put on antibiotics quickly. You can also try to hold the pig upside down and try to fling some of the fluid out. Keep in mind that it may be the runt for a reason, there may be something congenitally wrong with the pig keeping it from swallowing appropriately! Good Luck!
Expert:  helperDVM replied 1 year ago.
If you are satisfied please rate me. If not, let me know how I can be of more help!