benedettaDVM
benedettaDVM, Veterinarian
Experience:  EEC, General practice, Homeopathy.
72094388

I found a small fur covered wild rabbit. it seems health but

Customer Question

I found a small fur covered wild rabbit. it seems health but I don,t know much about how to care for it, Can you advise me? might be 2-3 weeks old and is alert and actve. Thanks
Category: Pet
Expert:  benedettaDVM replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dr. Benedetta, and I would be glad to help.
The best thing you can do for this baby rabbit is to put it back where you found it, and the mother will come to take care of it.
It is still nursing at that age, so if it can be re-united with its mother, it would be so much better.
Often wild life clinics are presented with Baby rabbits that people find on their own, and assume they are abandoned, but in most cases, the mother will actually come for them.
If you know for sure that the mother is dead, then let me know, and I'll give you some advice about how to hand raise it. However, your best course, would be to find a wild-life rehabilitator to take care of the baby rabbit, as they have all the supplies for this kind of job.
http://www.ccwr.org/
Hi James,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

benedetta7