Joan
Joan, Vet Technician
Experience:  Vet Tech for 35+yrs. Small Animals and Fish
5071285

I have a female feret. Would like to know how to litter box

Customer Question

I have a female feret. Would like to know how to litter box train her.. and does she need reg vet visits
Category: Pet
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech fpr 30+ years with special interest i Small mammals and Exotics. I would love to assist you.To help litter train a ferret, I would start with the litter box in the area you see the ferret got to the bathroom the most. Take some stool that has been passed and place in the litter box. This should give the ferret the idea that this where it should be going. I suggest the paper litter, since it is the safest. Use a box with higher sides, which helps to keep the aim There is no guarantees, but this is the best way to show them about the litter box. This goes over litter training : http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=11+1280&aid=553 Ferrets do require medical exam and Vaccination yearly that include a Distemper booster yearly. In some states it is require to also get a Rabies Vaccine. Ferrets like all animals get ill so be prepared for illness visits. They have some illnesses we see like Insulinoma and Adrenal Disease which they are predisposed. Learning about the signs and symptoms will best prepare you for any problems. This link will give you a little information on Vaccinations: http://www.ferret-world.com/ferretvaccine.htmlIf I have addresses all your concerns, please take a moment to rate my service so I can be compensated for my time and answer.Joan
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Joan