Anna, Pet Expert/Biologist
Experience:  40 yrs.: herps, pocket pets, rabbits, poultry, dogs, horses. Biology degree. Vet assistant.

Anna, I am going to need to travel out of town for a couple

I am going to need to travel out of town for a couple weeks and I need to find a way to feed/water the Cavy. Is there a boarding place or a timed feeding/watering thing I could get?

If you'll tell me where you live, I'll see what options I can find for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I live in San antonio TX.

Thank you. There are no automatic feeders that will work for that amount of time, plus they are made for dogs and cats, so it would be difficult to set the amounts and timers for cavies.

However, there are boarding and pet sitting options. Here are pet boarding facilities that take pocket pets:
VCA Health Associates Animal Hospital
Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>Fax:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>11214 Iota Drive @Nacogdoches Rd.
San Antonio, TX 78217
Ten West bird and Animal Hospital
12727 Mountain Air
San Antonio, Texas 78249
Broadway Oaks Animal Hospital
8221 Broadway
San Antonio Texas 78209
Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>
And here are pet sitters who would come to your home once per day to care for the guinea pigs:

Four Paws Pet sitting

Bed and Biscuit Pet care
(210)(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>
I hope on e of these will work out for you.

Hi Paul,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Goldie And Family. How is everything going?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi, everything is going fine so far. I dont have my travel plans nailed down yet, so i am still up in the air.

Sitebar: I did seem to find something that keeps Cavy from using the corners. citronella wax dropped into the holes I used to screw the parts together on one side of the cage (so they can't get to it), and none of them have gone over there to use the toilet in 8 hours.

Thanks for the update. Apparently, they think that citronella stinks.You do have to be careful with it, though, because the ASPCA includes it on their list of potential toxins. Too much of the scent in the air can cause respiratory problems. Consuming it leads to digestive upset, but you've avoided that possibility with the way you placed it. Tiny amounts in the air probably won't cause any trouble, but if you notice any respiratory symptoms, you'll want to take it out.