Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate

Hi, our male one year old cat has to be at the Vets office

Hi, our male one year old cat has to be at the Vet's office in the morning to be neutered. We know that he can not have any food after midnight, but we forgot to ask about water. The vet is now closed, so we would like to know the recommendation as to if he also must have the water removed. Thanks!
Welcome! My name isXXXXX am a 2003 graduate, and currently a Medical Director of a veterinary hospital.

I am sorry to hear about this concern.
Well, I would say you can allow water right up until when you go to sleep. So, essentially, the same guidelines as to when to stop feeding.

I have had some patients get a few licks in the morning, and it wouldn't be horrible. Food is significantly more concerning to vets before surgery.

Please let me know if there is anything I did not cover for you. I hope that information has been helpful.
Please remember to select Reply to Expert, if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer. My goal is to try and provide you the best answer possible.