Candy
Candy, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Previous Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer
23185754

How old does a Maltese/ rat terrier get

How old does a Maltese/ rat terrier get
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been a veterinary nurse for 26 years.Thank you for allowing me to assist you today.

Life span really depends on many things so there is no exact number. That said the expected life span of a Maltese is 14-17 years while the rat terrier is 15-18 years.
Most small dogs with good quality of care and regular yearly vet visits live an average of 16-18 years.
Of course this could be shorter if there are problems such as congenital liver or heart defects but the above is the average.

I ope this helps answer your question. If there is anything else I can help you with or you need further information please let me know and I will be happy to continue.
Candy