S. August Abbott, CAS
S. August Abbott, CAS, Own Animal Care/Rescue Org
Experience:  Dogs, Cats, Critters; Animal Care author; Behavior & Nutrition.;Cert. Avian & Opossum Specialist;

Hi Again......I want to get a good Air Purifier for my House

Hi Again......I want to get a good Air Purifier for my House that will eliminate bird feathers, allergens, toxins etc that is ozone free & ion free. Have you heard of this brand. Of course, whatever I buy needs to be safe for my TWEETIES & myself..... Thanks again💗

Austin Air Healthmate Junior Air Purifier (HM200)
Category: Pet
Expert:  S. August Abbott, CAS replied 11 months ago.
Hello again and it looks like you've found a strictly air filtering purifier. Nothing I've found on this, even via user testimonials, insinuate or prove any harmful properties for birds.

---------

I would also have to continue to suggest that regular vacuuming with a good cannister vac helps a great deal too.

I do this up to four times a day - it's not as time consuming as it might sound.

Also, if the birds are in a room that has carpeting you might want to consider removing the carpeting and replace with wood or laminate floors; or stone, marble, etc. in order to keep the environment healthier.

------------

I respect your determination to do right by the flock. I'm behind you all the way so ask me all you want

Experience: Dogs, Cats, Critters; Animal Care author; Behavior & Nutrition.;Cert. Avian & Opossum Specialist;
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi to my Favorite Online Vet! I have another Question about the Austin Healthmate PLUS Air Purifier? This model is for people with multiple chemical sensitivities(that's me!).... But has an added item to the air purifier. I do not know if this is safe for my TWEETIES? Here's the info!

Filter Assembly - HEPA and carbon/zeolite unit
9.5" diameter, 11.25" height
30 sq. ft. true HEPA medical filter medium
6.5 lbs mixture of solid activated carbon
(impregnated with potassium iodide)/zeolite
Meets HEPA standards, trapping 99.97% of all
particulates larger than 0.3 microns
Foam sealing gaskets top and bottom
Total weight 8 lbs
PERMAFILT Prefilter

Also, my little English Budgie who is 2+ years old hurt the inside of his right claw. He just LOVES to play and do all of the things that our little racy PARROTLET does. I took I'm to my vet......she examined him an found this inflammation and prescribed generic Mobic .01 per day. One day he will play ALOT, the next day he plays & then he will lay out on his perch & talk......sometimes he doesn't sit up for awhile. He just ays horizontal(This is the way he sleeps as well) then after a bit he will get up and be climbing on the side of his cage, or eating. I am thinking he is just "resting" his sore claw??? I gave my vet's office(they o ALOT of Holistic Treatments as well) an update this past Saturday......Do you think this is NORMAL? If not? What do you recommend?

As for me...my mysterious illness continues😖😖😖😖I went to Northwestern Memorial Hospital 2 weeks ago o see the Chief of Digestive Disorders. He came up with NOTHING other than he has.seen some strange symptoms in patients who have Fibromyalgia & Digestive Surgeries😖.... Another Bone Marrow Biopsy This week to see if Parvovirus is still lurking inside me........I do have a site on www.caringbridge.com. If you have a way that I can intact you o I've you my full name....ou can go there & read my long story. The owner of my vets office has actually helped me previously with other issues he suspected I had. I am always looking fir advice & continue to seek medical treatment, tests etc find the cause of my illness. It's getting tiring & frustrating as its been nearly 1 year since this started.....THANK YOU....💗💗💗💗KK
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry for the typos.....my IPAD makes its own words at times!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi...I just made a contribution to your rescue efforts! You should be able to get my name? Love your site! And THANK YOU FOR SAVING & HELPING GOD'S PRECIOUS CREATURES! SOME OF THE STORIES I HAVE READ JUST TURN MY STOMACH😪😪😪😪😪😪I HAD TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM ALL OF MY FB PAGES INVOLVING ANIMAS LOST OR UNWANTED ANYMORE......MY HEART JUST WEEPS😩😩😩😩
-- I'm sorry it took so long for me to get back to you, but good news and bad news today in that we got a blue & gold out of a bad situation, but the greenwing ended up sold to an inexperienced person with more dollars than sense

I expect it will be back in the system soon enough so we'll just keep waiting

----------------
Your tweeties should be fine with that air filter. As usual, I'd prefer the machine not be particularly close to them in order to err on the side of caution.

I feel for you with the Fibromyalgia. The disease that only recently began to be taken seriously - no cure, no real treatment, but at least it's getting the respect it deserves. Now let there be a cure

--------------------------

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank You.....just making sure as the PLUS version has the extra.....(impregnated with potassium iodide) will make sure I put the purifier in another room! Thanks Again!