Anna, Pet Expert/Biologist
Experience:  40 yrs.: herps, pocket pets, rabbits, poultry, dogs, horses. Biology degree. Vet assistant.

I am going to do a project and I am going to have some 4inch

I am going to do a project and I am going to have some 4inch diameter PVC pipe (clean) leet over. would it be safe to let the guinea pigs use it to play in?
Hello again,

Thank you for requesting me. The PVC pipe can be used. There are a couple of precautions to take. Make sure all the edges are smooth. Also, check the size of your guinea pigs. Most can easily run through 4 inch pipe, but some of the bigger ones (or fatter) could get stuck in it. Other than that, PVC pipe can be used to make tunnels. It's actually recommended on many guinea pig sites, and many guinea pigs safely use such toys.