Candy, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Previous Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer

my six year old rescue papillon has been under vet for months

my six year old rescue papillon
has been under vet for months now. her skin condition is at last looking a bit better,bit she is still being bathed by vet twice a week,and is now on injections once every three weeks. she is now on Atopica
tablets as well. she has always had eating problems but i have discovered she loves dirty tripe. Is this good for her skin, as she is not scratching and biting nearly as much?
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been a veterinary nurse for 26 years.Thank you for allowing me to assist you today.

Dirty also called green tripe is very good for dogs. It does not contain enough nutrients to be used as the main source of the diet but feed as a supplement it has numerous values.

It adds in food digestion, contains natural fatty acids which is good for the skin. Helps boost the immune system and actually helps reduce pollen allergies.
Click here for additional information

This should be fed raw as cooking removes all of the health benefits so it does have risks. Always make sure it is fresh, not left out and any extra should be frozen to reduce the risks of dangerous bacteria developing.

I hope this helps.Please reply back if you have additional questions or concerns.