Joan
Joan, Vet Technician
Experience:  Vet Tech for 35+yrs. Small Animals and Fish
5071285

My 9 year old flying squirrel has a sore on his stomach..skin

My 9 year old flying squirrel has a sore on his stomach..skin and hair gone.what can I put on it..I have panalog for cats. No vet in area. Its size of my thumb nail and not getting any better. Been there 3 days. Eating and acting normal

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Vet tech for 30+ years and work with all types of exotics and small animals. Whe you can do is is dilute some Betadine Scrub with warm water and clean the area 4-5 times a day. You can also apply Neosporin, silver sulfadiazine(Silvadene), or chlorhexidine(Novalsan or Hibbiclens) and warm water to the affected area two times day for 1-3 days. Hopefully this will help it heal the area. The medications I mentioned are all safe for rodent usage. Please let me know if you have further questions. Joan

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Joan