Cher
Cher, Pet Caregiver 40+yrs
Experience:  Specialist in Pet Healthcare and Behavior
1470369

We have a terrible flea problem in our garage and downstairs

We have a terrible flea problem in our garage and downstairs rec room. No products we have tried have made any impact! Please help with any suggestions.

Hello again, Dave and welcome back to Just Answer.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

If you have pets (cats and/or dogs) with fleas, you will need to treat the pets as well as the environment. Any monthly topical flea treatment sold in vets' offices are acceptable to use on cats and dogs. Any flea treatment products sold in supermarkets or pet supplies stores (with the exception of Advantage and Frontline) are not effective and can have very adverse, sometimes, fatal adverse affects, so stay away from those.

If you've tried to eradicate this flea infestation yourself, and were unsuccessful, you will need to enlist the help of an experienced exterminator who specializes in flea removal. A popular company that I've used personally, is Fleabusters. Here is more information:
http://www.fleabusters.com/ they are nationwide and hopefully, have an office in your area. These are their service areas: http://www.fleabusters.com/Services/usa.html

Another way you can try to control and eradicate the fleas yourself, is to use food grade diatomaceous earth. This is available in garden stores, plant nurseries and Home Improvement stores like Home Depot. You can fill plant pots with this product and leave them around the house, and/or sprinkle in your carpet and outside your home in a garden or yard, if applicable. Here is more information on how diatomaceous earth works to get rid of fleas: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/all-around-non-toxic-flea-control.html

If you need any additional information or clarification, simply 'Reply' back before rating and I will be happy to help with any follow up questions. If my response has satisfied all your concerns, a positive rating and positive feedback on the survey would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Laughing

If you would like to request me to answer any new, future questions, please begin your post with "For Cher" and I will respond as soon as possible.

Thank you for entrusting your important question to Just Answer!

Warmest regards,
Cher

Hi again, Dave.

It was my pleasure to be of help to you!

Thank you very kindly for your positive rating; it is truly appreciated!

Please feel free to request me for future questions by beginning your post with "For Cher".
Thanks!

Best regards,
Cher

PS: even though this is being sent as a request for additional information, none is needed; it is simply a 'thank you'! : )