Joan
Joan, Vet Technician
Experience:  Vet Tech for 30+yrs. Small Animals and Fish
5071285

Do you know anythink about Hamsters ?

Customer Question

Do you know anythink about Hamsters ?
Category: Pet
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

My name is Joan and I am a Vet Tech and work with all types of Anumals and Pocket Pets like Hamsters. I would love to try and assist you. What type of information can I help you with as far as your Hamster?

Joan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

At the moment I have one cage with 2 hamsters sharing, One is a male syrian, quite biggish and cute, And the other is a chinese dwarf hamster, again cute, Ive noticed recently they have had there moments, the chinese hamster I got first that was her cage, to me it seem as if the male as took it over, sometimes they will tolerate each other, Im guessing may need to get another cage ?

Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

Syrian hamsters are a solitary beed and should not be housed with an other hamster. Dwarf Hamsters on the other hand are more social and if you have a pair the mother and father will care for the young. It is best to separate the two hamsters into their own cages. The two yet both Hamsters, are different breeds and have totally different personalities. I do agree separate habitats would be the best for the hamsters. Please let me know if you have further questions and I will be happy to assist you. My goal is to offer you 100% Excellent Service. Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Joan