Cher
Cher, Pet Caregiver 40+yrs
Experience:  Specialist in Pet Healthcare and Behavior
1470369

I am talking about foxes

I am talking about foxes
Hello, and welcome!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

What would you like to know about foxes?

Thanks,
Cher
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

they have mange very very bad eyes are closed very dry skin ears sad, what do I do they have had a shot of ivermectin and cortisone what next

Hi again, Brenda and thanks for your reply.

I'm so sorry to hear this about your foxes. So far, you have done everything right re: the invermectin and cortisone.

Gently wipe their closed eyelids with a slightly dampened warm cotton ball (wear gloves) several times a day and you can also bathe them to help with the itching, crusting and dryness, with a mild anti-itch pet shampoo containing oatmeal. There are also anti-itch creams and sprays with cortisone, which you can apply topically to help relieve and soothe the itching. You can find these in your local pet supply store.

Since you have so many, only bathe the ones that are exhibiting the worst symptoms at this time and wait for the medications to start working to alleviate the mange symptoms and clear up the condition. Several doses of the ivermectin may be necessary to help resolve the problem

Please see this site for additional, important information: Foxes and Mange

If you require additional information or clarification, simply reply back before rating and I will be happy to help with any follow up questions.

If you wish to request me to answer future questions, please begin your post with "For Cher" and I will respond as soon as I can. Thank you!

Best regards,
Cher

Hi again, Brenda.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your foxes. How is everything going?

Best regards,

Cher