Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

We bread this rabbit that my husband bought from his cousin

Customer Question

We bread this rabbit that my husband bought from his cousin that is for sure over a year old but he couldn't remember if she had been bread before or not he thought that they had bread her once before. Well my step-daughter thought it would be funny to put her in with our male and watch them. She said he bread her twice by doing his thing and falling off and squealling twice. Which that would be. Yesterday she delivered to kits one I believe was still born and the other is doing fine. I am having to graph her on to her mom because her mom just doesn't seem totally interested but she let me and lets the kit suckle. Today now she looks like she might be in labor again. Her stomach is contracting and a bloody stream with a little mucus was comming from her vagina. At this time still no more babiesand it's been about an hour since I noticed this and she is still contracting but haven't notice anymore blood or mucus. She is staying in the same corner of the cage where she delivered the others for some reason she won't deliver in the nest box and never did pull her fur. What should I do?

Category: Pet
Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.

I apologize that no one has responded to your question sooner. Different experts come online at various times. I just came online and saw your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I've been breeding and showing rabbits for over 30 years. I'd like to help you today. I'm sorry to hear Oreo is having some problems. If you still need help, will you let me know how things are going now?

Is she still having contractions?

Will she eat anything?

Thank you.

Anna