Joan, Vet Technician
Experience:  Vet Tech for 35+yrs. Small Animals and Fish

People that raise mice and freeze them to sell what do thy

People that raise mice and freeze them to sell what do thy use to put the mice down? how do they kill the mice?

There are actually two ways used to kill feeder mice by breeders. The one is more cruel than the other but unfortunately widely used. It is by braking the spine. I am sure that you do not want to do that because of what you have written. The otherway it is done is to set up a Co2 chamber which is much more benevolent and a peacful death for the mice. This is a link to a discussion in a Reptile forum I belong to that Explains how to make a chamber for the mice to use as feeders:

Unfortunately they both seem cruel, but they are prey that are big feeders in the food chain and as you said they can be quite expensive to buy on a large scale. Most of the reptile people I have worked with do raise their own feeder mice. Please let me know if you have further questions. Joan

Hi Brenda,

I'm just following up on our conversation. I hope the information was helpful.