Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.

hi i have 2 female rabbit they are about 7 months old im about

hi i have 2 female rabbit they are about 7 months old im about to get 2 male rabbit witch are 6 month old would they be breeding age?
Hi there! My name isXXXXX to medium size rabbits reach breeding age around 4-6 months of age. The larger breeds of rabbits reach breeding age around 8 to 9 months at the latest. So the short answer is yes your rabbits are definitely most likely of breeding age. If you are looking to prevent this they must be kept separate until you can have the males castrated or the females spayed. If you are wanting to breed them then you can definitely start trying as they are of age. I hope this helps!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i am hoping to breed them but my worry is that they would be to young to be ok mums?

No they are at an appropriate age if you would like to try to start breeding them. They are mature enough.